Concept Help Request
  • All,

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to overcome an issue I am having with a mobile app. I need multiple mobile users to be able to subscribe to a single layer, and allow those users to create places and triggers on that layer. Aaron informed me that layers are not public read/write, so I would need to create a bridge API to take the requests from the various mobile users and post their requests to Geoloqi through the API. 

Question: What token/client/secret combination will allow me to do this? I used the console to create an application layer, and the application token in the bridge API and was able to post a message broadcast without error, but my phone client app could not subscribe to that layer. If I use a layer created by a user, the bridge can't connect. I was passing the application access token from the phone to the bridge API, then passing it to geoloqi in my message/broadcast call. 

There has to be a way to do this. If not, I think my only alternative is to allow each user to create their own layer on which they can create places etc, and have each user subscribe to all layers in the app. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bruce
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I believe this should be possible by using your application access token to create a layer, and make sure to set the "public" flag on the layer. Marking the layer as "public" allows other user accounts to subscribe to it. Other than that, it sounds like you have the right idea as described here.
  • Hi Aaron,

I must have done something wrong then. I thought I used my app token to create my API service user, then created a layer with the public flag on it using the app token. When I tried to send a broadcast message using the app token using my API and the new layer, it returned an access denied error. I also changed the code in my mobile app to subscribe to the layer created using the API. I received an access denied error.

I am going to do some mop-up and try to kill the geoloqi stuff I have created and try the API again. 

Thanks,
    Bruce

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion