message/send working only in Dev mode
  • Hi,

I'm trying to use message/send to test by push notification on iOS.
    I'm receiving the push on LQPushNotificationModeDev mode, but not on LQPushNotificationModeLive mode.

What I changed to use Live mode:

- I set LQPushNotificationModeLive inside the didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken method.
    - Using an AdHoc Distribution Provisioning Profile.
    - Production push certificate of the same Bundle ID was uploaded to the Geoloqi portal, inside my app settings.

Am I missing anything?

This is the parameters I'm sending on message/send:
    user_id: 2PfV
    layer_id: 4Lk2
    text: test

Maybe the problem is that my device was already subscribed to this layer on Dev mode?
    How can I be sure that it's working on production?

Thanks

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Unfortunately the only way your app can receive a notification in "production" mode is once it's published in the app store. There isn't a way to get a production token unless your app is signed with the app store certificate.
  • so does that mean adhoc should be using "dev" instead of "live"?
  • The only thing that should use "live" is when you're signing the app with an app store certificate. Push notifications for AdHoc distribution should be in "dev" mode.
  • My experience shows that what the original asker wants is what works... Signing an adhoc project with LQPushNotificationModeDev does not work, and signing with LQPushNotificationModeLive does. 

• Anyone figure out how to get push to work on adhoc? Works fine on development profile but not for adhoc. I've tried LQPushNotificationModeLive and LQPushNotificationModeDev for adhoc and neither work. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion