location updates "timing out" after in background and not moving for awhile?
  • The callback to the LQTrackerLocationChangedNotification handler seems to quit happening after my iOS app has been running in the background awhile. It's currently set to LQTrackerProfileRealtime

When running on the hardware device in the background, the call occurs about once a minute and then eventually stops after about 10 minutes.

I've tested it many times, and the results all suggest that as long as the device keeps moving the handler keeps being called. But after some inactivity, the handler does not get called again even when the device moves miles away.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Any thoughts on how I could keep it going?

thanks
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Can you share what iPhone hardware version and iOS version you are using?
  • the device most currently tested is an iPhone 5 running iOS 6. I can get more specific if needed.

• We've been seeing this happening lately too actually. Unfortunately I don't have any more information to share at this time, but we will definitely be looking into this and will post back with more results.
  • Cool thanks. Is it just in the new hardware/OS or is it all around?
  • So far I've only seen it on the new hardware/os, but I haven't tested with an iPhone 4S with iOS 6 yet.
  • I'll try it and let you know.
  • I apologize for jumping in. i think I may have the same problem in Geoloqi. my sharing my location stops updating after very short periods of operation. this is frustrating my boyfriend. I hope you are close to figuring out a fix. I am using an iPhone 4 with the last update of os4 before they stopped updating it.
  • Aaron,

I am jumping in on this too. I just noticed it while running the Geoloqi debugger with my app closed. No location updates occur. I am using iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1. My app is using Titanium SDK 3.0. I may switch back to Titanium SDK 2.1.4 just to see if it works there. 

Thanks,
    Bruce

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion