Location notifications needing to launch app
  • Sometimes when I arrive at a trigger location, I have to launch the app to get the notifications.  Has anyone seen this before?
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Yes, 
    IOS 5.1.1 and IOS 5.0.1 . Sometimes, notification will appear when app is foreground sometimes background will works. Very inconsistent. Not sure how to resolve this either. 

• We've seen this in some of our testing as well. In certain cases, the iPhone OS doesn't deliver background location events until the device is woken up. It could be a number of factors that cause this, including how close you are to cell towers and wifi hotspots, whether your wifi is turned on, and the size of the geofences.
  • What can be done to improve the reliability and accuracy of the notification? for example i'd set a notification for a point and i visited the point twice today - once in the morning and once in the evening. I only received the notification when i went there in the evening.

Setting is 'realtime' and radius is 100m. Had wifi enabled also to improve accuracy in both occassions.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion