Live location on map using socket.io and the JS library
  • Hi, am hoping someone has managed to get this implemented.

I can view the live group location stream using curl, but I would like to integrate this on a Google Map.

I have used the Geoloqi Javascript Library and tweaked the https://github.com/geoloqi/geoloqi-js/blob/master/demos/socket.html file, changing the type to "group" and then added our group token - no live data is showing though

What else do I need to do in order to get it working?

Thanks in advance.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • You probably need to add some users to the group before you see any data coming in over the socket. Try using the group/join method and make sure your group has members with the group/members method. Once you are that far you can fake a person moving around in realtime with our location simulator script. You should be able to see the person moving around on the map.
  • Hi Patrick

I can view the group location history using curl, but the live data does not show - this was working a few days ago?

Thanks
  • Looks like it has kicked back in. I received this message and then it started it displaying the live data:

curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Thanks
  • The data has stopped showing again and I have received more "curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer" messages.

I can view the group location history for the members straight after the data is generated, but the real time activity is not showing 95% of the time while I am viewing the live group location stream using curl.

Has there been any connectivity issues with the streaming server over the weekend?

Thanks
  • Ok, another update.

I can view all live "trip" data on my map, it's just when I use the "group" & "group token" info that it doesn't update (even though I can view the group location history immediately afterwards).

Any insights?

Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion