Trigger push notification debugging
  • Is there a possible way to determine the status of push notification message if it was sent properly or an error occurred?

Currently, when calling trigger/run/:id api, it returns correct message but message is not received on phone so we don't know whether the problem is on Geoloqi or Apple.

Returned response looks like this:

{"message":"Welcome to Powells Books","type":"message","result":"queued"}

Thanks 
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I believe I have resolved the issues with development push notifications. I mentioned in the other thread, but I wanted to reply to this because it's a good question.

Unfortunately APNS doesn't give very useful information about whether a message was sent successfully or not. There is a way to do click confirm with push, the same way that emails can be marked as read by clicking on a link with a unique identifier.

Once the message hits APNS, we receive no information afterwards, unless there was an error (such as a bad token or a similar issue). The error can be something such as "invalid device token". We could store these error messages on the record in the database, and provide a mechanism to return them. Again, they only check for errors related to the data sent, so they don't provide information on whether a message was successful, but they could still be useful.

I will add this functionality to our feature request list, so that it will be available to developers on our new platform code. Thanks for inquiring!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion